Friday 21 October 2011

Going Live!

So, I was fortunate enough to have the chance to perform “Love Conquers All” (the composition I’ve been blogging about) at the Perimeter Institute (PI) last night thanks to an invitation from the UW International Students’ Organization (ISO). It was a great experience playing on a real grand piano with a high-quality microphone and a mind-blowing sound system. I have yet to see and hear the recordings, of which there are two. It was primarily a social event for PI members, so there is plenty of conversation going on during my performance. That being said, I’m not sure how well you’ll be able to hear me, but we’ll see!!

The great thing is that inspiration for the bridge (which I had formerly been struggling with) hit me earlier yesterday, so the piece was closer towards completion at the time of that performance. I’d like to now develop a coda.

The video will be posted shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment